Been seeing this look on Tumblr and wanted to try it out. I love this but I would have to sport this in the fall/winter months.
You will need:
Jordana in Black
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away!
Jordana in Lemon Tropic
Wet n Wild Mega Last in Soul Mate
Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Sapphire Blue
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light
Seche Vite Top Coat
Makeup sponge (or any dense sponge)
1. Black base! You can probably use another colour for a base but black looks best.
2. Put a drop of blue (Blue Me Away) on a piece of paper. Dab the corner of your sponge in it and then dab off any excess on the paper.
3. Carefully dab/sponge on the blue. Do it in a messy pattern. It doesn't matter if you're clean or not.
4. Using the same sponge, dip it in pale pearly green (Lemon Tropic). I dabbed on the edges of the blue.
5. Next is a pearly purple (Soul Mate). I dabbed this one over randomly to create some depth.
6. I used a pearly dark blue (Sapphire Blue) to balance it all out.
7. Finally, I topped it off with some glittery polish (Strobe Light). Remember to top coat to seal it on in =)
Now you have the galaxy in your hands. This is actually a fairly simple design to do.
You should wait for the black to dry before proceeding with sponging. Also, I used the same sponge for all the colours. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but the colours seem to blend better. And finally, you can also create larger stars by using a dotting tool and white polish. Just dot on a few random large stars.
It's a tough one to remove from your nails but at least it looks good while it's on =P