Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Add Sparkles!

I recently bought Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe light.  I've been dying to use it!  Strobe light is so dense with sparkles, it looks like a bottle of glitter and no varnish.  For something so packed with shimmering specks, a simpler look can bring it out nicely.

You will need:
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Strobe light (pink/purple glittery polish)
  • Rimmel 60 seconds Princess Pink (light pink cream)
  • Rimmel Super Wear Top Coat
  • Paperclip or toothpick
  • Small gems
  • 40 mins
Bored? Add sparkles! =)

1. Paint a base coat.  I used a light pink colour over the acrylic nail.  I think this look is better on natural nails.

 2.  Starting at about 1/3 away from the cuticle, paint a thin layer of Strobe light all the way to the tip.  Allow for it to dry a bit, and continue painting with each step getting closer to the tip of the nail.  Much like Grey Gradient.

3.  You should now have something like this.

 4.  Using a paperclip/toothpick, stick a gem on the still tacky surface of the polish.  (Remember, moisten the tip of the paperclip/toothpick with water to transfer the gem from the stick to the nail.)

5.  Stick as many gems as you'd like on the nail.  Keep them unevenly distributed.  Paint a top coat over it and you are done!





Simple but flashy.

If you're wondering about the products I use, I tend to pick whatever stands out to me or whatever looks useful.  I have polish ranging from drugstore to high-end.   I can never fully justify buying high-end polish because I only wear it on the weekends.  Nothing chips over 2 days, right?  But if you can wear polish for a longer period, I suggest investing in quality products so it will last.  The products I use are only suggestions, truly just for your inspiration.

Good luck!

- SheNailedMe

No comments:

Post a Comment