Monday, May 2, 2011

Patches

Sew together some nail polish!  Well... sort of.  Overall this wasn't a difficult one to do but it does test if you can make short straight lines.

You will need:
  • Joe Faded Violet
  • Joe Orchid
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On (not in picture)
  • Color Club Matte Top Coat
  • Thin paintbrush
  • 45 mins
 1.  Paint a base colour (Faded violet from Joe Fresh).  I painted a matte top coat over it but you don't have to do this step.

2.  With the bottle's brush, just make square patches on the nails with a different colour.  I'm using Orchid from Joe Fresh.

3. With white, outline the square.

4.  Paint small perpendicular dashes (or "stitches") along the white line.  There you have it =)



I feel like I would have liked it better if I only painted the design on one nail only or kept the patches consistent with every nail.  Anyhoo, hope you like it!

- SheNailedMe

No comments:

Post a Comment