Friday, April 29, 2011

Louis Vuitton

I've never owned a real Louis Vuitton anything.  It's way too expensive and I could never justify paying over $200 for a purse that only fits my wallet.  But I love the pattern!  My favourite is actually Damier Azur but I thought I should give the original Monogram a shot.  Make your nails expensive!!

You will need:
  • Revlon Chocolate Truffle
  • Joe Butter
  • Rimmel Top Coat
  • Fine paintbrush
  • 40 mins

1.  Start with a brown base.  The rest of the painting is done best when the brown base is completely dry.

2.  Paint a 'V' in the center of the nail with light yellow and a fine paintbrush.

3.  Starting from between the top of the 'V', make the letter 'L'.  The vertical line is supposed to be on a slight diagonal like that.

4.  Now paint 2 diamond shapes above and below the 'LV'.  There are also diamonds to the left and right of the 'LV' too.

5.  Now paint ' + ' on the 4 corners around the 'LV.


6.  There are circles on the remaining spots.  You can't really tell because the nail cuts off.

7.  Using the same brown as the base, paint ' + ' over the diamonds.

8.  Then add dots in the center of the yellow ' + '.

9.  Don't forget the ones that are cut off!  The circles have sort of the same brown ' + ' on them.  Just look at the pattern on google as reference.

10.  Use the yellow again, and dot the center of the brown ' + '.

11.  The circles too!  Top coat it all!



I only painted the thumb and ring finger because all fingers would take too much time.  I really like this one!  I guess it doesn't count as my own design since the pattern came from Louis Vuitton.  But hey, showed you how to do it =)

- SheNailedMe

No comments:

Post a Comment