Thursday, April 28, 2011

Let's Go Sailing!

I love nautical stripes!  It reminds me of sunny weather on the water.  This nail design is easy to do as long as you have steady hands to make horizontal stripes.  Shall we?

You will need:
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White on
  • Wet N Wild Wild Shine Sapphire Blue
  • Rimmel Top Coat
  • Gold decorative beads
  • Thin paintbrush
  • Toothpick (to put the beads on)
  • 45 mins
1.  Paint a white tip.  You don't need to use a guide.

2.  Paint on the navy horizontal lines over the white tips.  You need a steady hand but a good trick is to roll the finger you are painting on.

3.  For the ring finger, instead of painting just the tip, do the whole nail.

4.  Paint a top coat and add on decorative beads while it's still wet.  Make an anchor shape.  The go over it again with the top coat.




And there you go.  You can paint the whole nail for the entire hand instead of just the tips.  It might even look better.  I painted this before I went to LA.  Thought I would wear it but I'm a nail picker.  So I picked out the anchor while figuring out what to pack. =(

- SheNailedMe

No comments:

Post a Comment