Friday, April 1, 2011

Pinstripes

Yup, the simple pinstripe.  You can use any colour to suit your outfit, mood, or occasion.  I'm just in love with pastels lately.  It's pretty simple to do.  I struggled a bit with my less dominant hand but otherwise, not bad.

You will need:
  • Joe Faded Violet (lavender)
  • Rimmel Super Wear Top Coat
  • Decorative beads (optional)
  • Thin paintbrush
  • 40 mins
1. Paint a base for your nail.  Nothing special =P

2.  Paint thin lines from the cuticle to the end of the nail.  I like to use the flat edge of the paintbrush and keep the polish only on one side of the brush.  You can see my lines aren't super straight.  But if you want it perfectly straight, you can use tape to guide you.  Or you can use the special decorative nail tape to skip the painting all together.

3.  I added decorative beads to alternating stripes just for fun.  Add a top coat and you're done!




My nails are in need of some TLC!  All this hospital hand washing is making them really dry.  When I get the time, I'll let you know what I do to take care of my hands and nails.  Hope you'll have fun doing this tutorial!

Good luck!

- SheNailedMe

No comments:

Post a Comment